We all love coriander leaves (Dhania) but storing them can be a pain because they don’t stay fresh for long.
When purchasing dhania, make sure you get the fresh, tender and very green. Make sure you can “smell” the aroma. If they don’t not have a strong aroma then they will not add flavor to food when used.
Dhania contains antioxidants which can delay or prevent the spoilage of food seasoned with this spice. Dhania leaves don’t stay for long unless you store them properly
To store dhania leaves:
1. Pick out any wilted leaves.
2. Do not wash the leaves. If you do they will become mushy when stored in the fridge
3. Fill a small jar with water.
4. Put the leavers (roots first) in the jar (as you would flowers).
5. Cover the top with a plastic paper bag.
6. Put the jar with the leaves in the fridge.
7. Change the water every 3 to 4 days.
The leaves should stay fresh for up to a month. Kindly share your experience below.